of the German Society of Humangenetics
Austrian Society of Humangenetics (ÖGH)
and the Swiss Society of Medical Genetics (SGMG)
29th - 31st March 2017
Link to the abstract book
- Basic Mechanisms and Epigenetics
- Cancer Genetics
- Clinical Genetics, Genetic Counselling and Prenatal Diagnosis
- Complex Diseases, Population & Evolutionary Genetics and Genetic Epidemiology
- Cytogenetics and CNVs
- Monogenic Disease – from Gene Identification to Molecular Mechanism
- Technology and Bioinformatics
- Therapy for Genetic Diseases
Abstract Submission and Reviewing Process
Please go to our abstract submission website, there you will find all instructions you need. The text volume of your abstract should not be longer than 3.000 characters. Every abstract will be reviewed. Abstracts will be accepted as oral or poster presentations depending on their quality. All accepted abstracts will be published in the journal medizinischegenetik, edition 1-2017. Your abstract(s) will be saved automatically. Till 1/12/2016 you will have access to your own abstract(s) and get the opportunity to change it.
As a reminder: Username and password used for abstract submission for the last GfH Meeting in Lübeck 2016 are not longer active. Please apply for new ones! If you have any questions do not hesitate to contact us by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Talks, Posters and Abstracts should be presented in English.
[Exception: All lectures on "Quality Assessment" (QW), "Educational Session" (EDU), pro & contra and the keynote lecture are given in German.]
You will receive an email whether your abstract was accepted as oral presentation or as poster by January 17th, 2017. Registration deadline for early bird fees: January 20th, 2017.
... only as „Power Point“. All presenters are requested to submit their presentation at least three hours before the start of their session to the Media Check. If you work with Apple applications, please check the compatibility with windows requirements.
... max. 90 x 120 cm; all posters will be presented for the whole duration of the meeting. The posters can be mounted on Wednesday, March 29th, 2017 from 12:00 h CET on. The dismantling of posters should not start before Friday, March 31st, 2017. Please remove your poster on Friday between 13:00 and 15:30 hrs CET. All posters that have not been dismantled and removed at this time will be removed by authorised representatives of GfH.
Poster Exhibition takes place at the Audimax, RUB. Authors were asked to be present at their poster booths during the poster session. Poster numbers (even/uneven numbers) are published by the March 1st, 2017.
Poster Session I (uneven numbers): Thursday, 30/3/2017:14:30-16:00 hrs
Poster Session II (even numbers): Friday, 31/3/2017: 11:00-12:30 hrs
In Bochum we try to offer a poster walk.
For more information please have a look at our website after January 2017.
GfH Awards 2017
The German Society of Human Genetics offers 1 Presentation Award 2017 and 3 Poster Awards 2017 for excellent research presentations of young investigators:
GfH Presentation Award 2017
The best oral presentation of "4 Selected Presentations" will be selected for the GfH Presentation Award 2017, awarded on Friday (March 31st, 2017, 15:15 h). All young scientists submitting oral presentations are encouraged to apply.
GfH Poster Awards 2017
The best scored abstracts, which could not be selected for oral presentation, will compete for the 3 GfH Poster Awards 2017. The prizes will be awarded on Friday ( March 31st, 2017, 15:15 h).
|There are new procedures in 2017 for the "GfH Award Selection":
These awards will only be available for those young scientists who - at the time of abstract submission -
a) are not older than 35 years of age
(time-off for the purposes of child care will be taken into account) and
b) got their MD/PhD degree during the previous five years /
or currently performing their PhD or MD work, respectively
c) submitted their abstract in the category "oral presentation".
All abstracts submitted as oral presentation will be reviewed:
1. The 4 best abstracts will be selected for the category "Selected Presentations". The scientist with the best presentation will receive the GfH-Presentation Award 2017 and submit his/her lecture as written contribution to be published in the journal medizinischegenetik (in German; <25.000 characters; deadline: Oct. 15th, 2017).
2. The next most highly ranked 54 abstracts will be selected as presentations in the category "Workshop" (W1-W9).
3. All those abstracts that have been submitted as oral presentations but could not be accepted as oral presentations will be selected for the GfH Poster Awards 2017 under the condition (a-c). The selection process follows two steps: 1) 20 of the highest ranked posters will be selected and 2) reviewed again on site during the poster presentation to finally present the best three posters of the GfH Meeting 2017 in Bochum.
During the reviewing process the following criteria will be taken into account:
A) scientific topic, scientific research probleme
B) structure and layout of the poster presentation
C) oral presentation of data
D) discussion (Could all questions be answered sufficiently?)
|All scientists who apply for an oral presentation - irrespective of whether or not their abstract will be accepted as oral presentation or as poster - will be invited to stay until the end of our meeting.
Timeline for presentation
see time table